Twenty six years ago today I was born...
Hard to believe I am already twenty-six! Today was a perfect day with perfect friends. Its always hard to spend your birthday away from home, but I dont think it could have been a better day!
Here is a list of twenty-six things I have learned in twenty-six years!
1. No matter where I live, I will always be a country girl at heart
2. My family is always there for me
3. Life is hard sometimes
4. Friends come and go, but each person has left a lasting an impression on me and I am thankful for that
5. Falling in love is one of the biggest risks I will ever take
6. New York City will always be a place where I feel most comfortable
7. My favorite holiday is Christmas because it is usually too cold to do anything outside, which is an excellent excuse to play games, drink wine and watch movies with people I love
8. Macs are way better than PCs :)
9. People who claim to be altruistic are usually insecure about their role in life. Its the people who serve others without expectations that are truly altruistic
10. C.S. Lewis might be the greatest writer of all time
11. Feelings exist for a reason... crying, love, joy, anger- these make us human
12. Uncertainty and anxiety are products of fear and they should be recognized as such
13. I have more things than I will ever need and yet there is always a need for more things...
14. The best nights I have had are shared with friends, a glass of wine and watching the sun set
15. I will never be too old to build snow forts and have snow ball fights
16. Even though I take a lot of pictures, I always wish I would have taken more
17. Scrabble is one of the best games to unite generations
18. I will be a very lucky girl if I can marry my best friend
19. Being a performance junkie and perfectionist does not get you very far in life
20. Humans have done some pretty bad things throughout history, but they have also done some pretty amazing things. History does not need to repeat itself
21. Its okay to get angry at God, he can take it
22. Imagination is powerful
23. If we are not living in the moment, what are we living for?
24. It is never worth it to settle
25. I have made a lot of mistakes and I will make a lot more in my life
26. Faith and trust are some of the hardest things to integrate into a life, but once done, it can be more rewarding than ever imagined
1 comment:
Awesome Jyndie. You're amazing. Oh and #8... I knew you would say those words one day! :o) ~Anna
Post a Comment