Thursday, November 11, 2010

to be thankful

First of all, my surgery went well this morning and though I am in a lot of pain right now, I really think this will help speed things up.

But that is not what this blog is for.  This blog entry going to be used to remind me of how much I have to be thankful for.  Here is the list:

*I have an awesome family that has been so supportive of this whole journey
*I have friends that know me better than I know myself and have offered prayers, happy thoughts and verses, which has been the most helpful in reinforcing the concept of hope
*I get to spend time with my bff Alison in New York (in one month) and again for New Years
*I get to go to Europe for Christmas and spend time exploring countries with Burk and Lydia and Mom and Dad
*I live in an great townhouse that I love in Denver with the best roommate I could ever ask for
*I have amazing classmates that have also been very supportive along the way and are willing to take me anywhere I need to go since I still cannot drive

This is just a short list, but I think I hit the major things I am thankful for.  When I am down, it is really easy to lose sight of all the things I have going for me.  It is easy to lose perspective, so this list will be one that I can continue to come back to and reread. And, like one of my friends has said a few times, even though she cant be here, there is someone much better who is here with me and I know He can protect me and heal me.  And I am thankful for that!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...