Saturday, November 6, 2010

power of a red cup

Wash Park in Denver
Its no secret.  I love fall.  If I could extend one season, it would be fall and if I could extend one month, it would be October.  The leaves are still falling in Denver and though today was 75 degrees, it still looks and feels like fall. The crisp morning air is comforting and refreshing as it sweeps through my window to wake me up, just moments before my alarm goes off.

Tragically, my fall bubble was burst today.  The red cups are back.  Everyone in the country knows the red cups are a sign that fall has come to an end and it is now time to prepare for Christmas.  OH WAIT! Thanksgiving, possibly the most fall holiday there is, has yet to happen!

Today at Starbucks I witnessed the red cups in full force and as I ordered, I found myself ordering an iced drink only to reject the end of fall.  Sounds ridiculous, but what is actually ridiculous is that the red cups are already being disbursed AND it seems as though they come sooner and sooner each year.

Ironically, if the first snow was tomorrow (which I am thankful it is not), I know I would gladly accept the red cups with open arms... funny how a little cup has so much power ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...