 |
| Home with all the snow! |
Back in Denver... where there is no snow, but it is plenty cold! Though its good to be back, I miss being home! This is funny, because if you read my blog about
home, I have always had trouble being home. But this time around it was different. Maybe it is because I had written a blog about how being home is usually somewhat difficult and awkward? Maybe it is because I didnt really leave my house the entire Thanksgiving break (since it was so cold and being on crutches in the snow suck)? Or maybe, just maybe, I decided it was time to accept home for what it is... a beautiful place that provided me the foundation to become the person I have become. That all being said, I should clarify, when I refer to home, I generally mean Kalispell Montana. Not necessarily my parent's house. I love my parent's house and feel as though it is a respite for my soul after months of slaving away at school or work.
This break I spent copious amounts of time reading curled up on the couch drinking coffee and hot tea. This break, I decided not to think about school or worry about my knee. This break, I watched more football than I thought possible and loved every minute of it! This break was all about spending some much needed down time, relaxing and being with people I love. I didnt have time to worry about the awkwardness. I didnt have time to feel uncomfortable when I ran into someone I knew a lifetime ago.
Instead, I enjoyed the things that matter to me most- being with family, eating good food, reading, sleeping, making lefsa. And though I still do not have an answer to why I get that awkward/uncomfortable feeling when I am home, I know that home is a beautiful place to be from. And I enjoyed every minute of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment