![]() |
| The Circle Journey |
We shared our biggest fears, our life lessons learned and our grandest dreams for the future. We embarked on an adventure to capture growth, uncertainty and friendship through pictures, words and drawings. In short, this journal has the contents of some of the most influential times of our lives within its pages.
![]() |
| One of my favorite pages from the journal |
When I was reading through it tonight, I noticed an amazing quote that is just as applicable to my life now as it was on February 23rd, 2008. It reads:
"It is always the simple things that change our lives And these things never happen when you are looking for them to happen. Life will reveal answers at the pace life wishes to do so. You feel like running, but life is on a stroll. This is how God does things..." Donald Miller
This quote was written during a very uncertain time in my life... I was facing adversity on all sides and felt as though life was just not going my way. Very similar to how I have been feeling these past few months. Its ironic, really. That this quote was written over two years ago and yet I decided to read through the journal tonight and it was just as meaningful as it was back then. Its almost as though life is coming full circle... its as if I was meant to be reminded of how God does things. And how different his timing is than mine. So, tonight, as I continue to read through our circle journey, I am reminded of God's perfect timing and will trust in His way.



2 comments:
isn't it funny how we go through the same things multiple times? I feel the same way right now. like I am reliving different parts of my life that I thought I somehow grew out of. but I guess we never really grow out of doubting in His timing and trying to make up our own schedule. thanks for reminding me that even when my life feel like a circle (or a broken record!) God is always teaching me something new and growing my love for Him.
p.s. where is that donald miller quote from? which book? I love it! and I love you!
Carrie girl... I believe it is from the intro of Through Painted Deserts, but I will have to double check for you when I get home. Thanks for your comment. It was another reminder that I am not alone in these feelings and ultimately His timing is everything. Love you girl
Post a Comment