![]() |
| Michael Vick- Last nights game vs Redskins |
It was just three years ago that Vick was arrested for his role in engaging in competitive dogfighting. Three years ago, everyone had an opinion of Michael Vick and chances are, they were not positive.
However, watching the game last night, all I could think about was how amazing it was for the coach of the Philadelphia Eagles to give Vick a second chance. Last year, the Eagles picked up Vick (despite having a vary talented quarterback) and gave him a second chance at life. The Eagles took a huge PR hit when the signed Vick, but I respected their coach for his decision then and support him still today.
You see, it became very clear to me last night, that we serve a God of second chances. A God that gives us more than enough second chances when we decide to burry ourselves in life. I am very thankful for that. I do not know one single human who would repeatedly give me the kind of second chances that God has. And that is why he is God. His love for us very marginal and imperfect human beings, is unfathomable and truly the greatest gift I have ever been given.
Short blog tonight, but this has been on my mind the past couple of days and then while watching MNF last night, it all came together. I want to be someone who offers people a second chance at life, at relationships, at friendships, etc. Eagles head coach Andy Reid gave Michael Vick his second chance at life and I know it has made a big impact on people outside of those directly involved. I am blessed to serve a God of second chances and hope to provide that to someone else at some point in my life.
But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. ~Ephesians 2:4-5

1 comment:
Well put Jyndia and I would like to add that along with this for me, is not judging a book by it's cover. I know that's cliche, but I have learned my lesson time and time again with that one too, and that's a sort of second chance when you allow yourself to go beyond appearances and see who someone really is and what their story is all about. Love you and yor blog! You have a beautiful mind! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment