Friday, November 5, 2010

The ever persistent internal monolog

My biggest challenge lately has been trying to shut down the "chatter" inside my head.  Some days, I feel like my mind does not stop processing/thinking/talking at all.  I even awake feeling like I have had an entire conversation with myself for the last 6.5 hours.  Its literally exhausting and I cannot find a way to shut it off, or at the very least, mute it.

A week ago, I went to one of the best concerts I have ever been to in a long time(it was up there with U2, the Fray, and Dave Matthews).  I went to Tyrone Wells' concert at the Soiled Dove and not only is he an amazing performer, song writer and just beautiful to look at... but I was with some of my most wonderful friends that live here in Denver.  Even though the concert was amazing, I felt like I could not turn off my internal monolog all night long.

I have noticed the more uncertain things are, the louder inner monolog is and the harder it is to ignore.  It is my challenge to find a way to quiet the inner monolog and allow my energy to be used in more productive ways.  I have another two weeks before Thanksgiving Break and then another two weeks after break... and there is a whole lot of information I need to be able to retain.  We'll see how that all goes!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...