It is the last day of November and I can honestly say I did not think I would be able to blog every day! But, I did and surprisingly, have really enjoyed the process of writing every day. Though I have not always known what to write about and have thought the quality of my writing has suffered because of the pressure of writing every day, I feel that it was overall a great experience and one that I would consider doing again! So, with today being the last day of the month, I thought I would wrap up with a little reflection as to what it has been like to write every day and a little of what I learn as a result.
*I learned that I do have the time to write every day and that it is actually quite therapeutic.
*I learned that I do not always have to write something profound... that a journey through the events of my day or a random list can be just as entertaining to read (if not more so).
*I learned that it has been very helpful to write out my thoughts, as it seems to validate them if nothing else. Its been a really long month full of challenges and adversities and it has been very helpful for my own processing to write out why I feel a certain way.
*I have learned that I am not alone in may of the struggles that I have. By being brave enough to admit my faults, I have found many people also deal with the same struggles and fears.
*I have learned it is really fun to go back through the month and see how my thoughts have evolved (or havent).
*I have learned it is not always the about the quality of how I write my thoughts/feelings, but just by writing them, I acknowledge they exist and then can decide what to do with them.
*I have learned some of my favorite blogs to go back and read are those comprised solely of lists!
This month has had its share of ups and downs and provided plenty of subject matter to write about. But, my biggest challenge was knowing at what detail to talk about situations or life lessons learned. This blog is not exclusively private, but I believe those who read it, are my closest friends and those most interested in the day in and day out of my life. Regardless, this is still an expression of my thoughts, broadcasted on the internet. So, it has been difficult to know what should be said and what can be left to be inferred. Overall, this month has been a very positive experience for me and has allowed me to develop better writing skills, express my thoughts and feelings and given me a place to write and chronicle my journey through the past month. I will try to write more often, though it might be a month or two before I take on another challenge!
I hope you enjoyed the journey!
No comments:
Post a Comment