I have finally obtained the newest Donald Miller book A Million Miles in Ten Thousand Years!! I am so excited to read it as I have heard so many good things about the book! I read through the first few chapters today and it was very hard to put it down. I am sure I will write about things I love in the book.
Today the high in Kalispell was 6 degrees, but I do not think I saw it get above 0 in the few times I saw the thermometer in our house. So today was a perfect day to sit on my couch and curl up with the new book. I also got started with Rosetta Stone! I am so in love with the program and have flown through the first unit in level 1. The best thing about the program is the live lessons with native speakers. I have done three lessons today and one yesterday. Its hard and challenging and forces me to use every facet of the language. I know it will be hard to keep up while in school, but it is one of my life goals to be fluent in Spanish.
Being home has been great. I got to talk to my brother today and I was reminded how much I miss my whole family being together. This past May, Lydia and Burk came home when I was home for break between semesters and it was one of my favorite trips back home. As much as I love living in a big city and traveling all over the world/States, there is nothing like being home with my family. So tomorrow when we are making lefsa and turkey, I will be thinking about the two missing family members and how much I love and miss them! Though, I thought it was funny since Burk isnt home, we didnt even buy a pumpkin pie :)
Happy early Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment