Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgivings gone by!






Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  
Grover- Thanksgiving 2005
When deciding what I wanted to blog about today lots of ideas came to mind.  I thought about doing a list of things I am thankful for, but then I realized I did that a few weeks ago.  I thought about writing about Don's new book, but decided that was not very thanksgiving-y.  So, I decided to post some of my favorite Thanksgiving memories and pictures from the past couple of years.

Good friend Charlie Brown
Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is one of the most iconic Thanksgiving traditions and I have been lucky enough to see the parade twice.  The first time was of course the most magical and was made even better because I was surrounded by some of my best friends!  Kristen, Alison and Bryce flew to New York to spend Thanksgiving with me the year I went to school in Bronxville.  We toured all over the city enjoying sites like Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Grant's tomb and the Upper West Side!  My favorite memory from that Thanksgiving was ice skating in Central Park!  Here are some pictures of our adventures that Thanksgiving break!
Bryce, Kristen, Alison and me at the parade
A few years later, I moved back to NYC and was able to go to Macy's thanksgiving parade again!  We had some wonderful visitors that year as well!  Here is a photo from when my friend Anna visited me in the city just after Thanksgiving day!  Only the best place in the city for two people who love F*R*I*E*N*D*S!!!
Friends apartment in the Village
The following year, we had Thanksgiving in Portland and it was the first time Lydia met my whole family!  We had a wonderful thanksgiving together as a family eating a lot of food :)
My last thanksgiving with Gma
Our first thanksgiving with Lyds
Last year, I stayed in Denver and had a wonderful time with new friends at an orphan's dinner which was hosted at my house.  The night was capped off with a Broncos game against the New York Giants. 

And THIS year, I am enjoying sitting on the couch, reading my new Donald Miller book, watching football and watching the snow fall outside my window.  I am thankful for the time to spend with family and spend relaxing in front of the fire.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  
The snow falling outside my window

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...