Continuing on with Sar's challenge! Before I launch into my favorite books, I will have to say I have a few blogs in the mix to add to my 1001 in 101 challenge. One being my most recent trip to San Fran!!! And two being my beach weekend a few weeks back to celebrate my lovely friend Raynelle's upcoming marriage! So, check back for those!
Day 7- Recommend a book for us to read! Why is it important or special to you?
I am a bit of a book junkie! I will admit, I often will buy more books before I finish the ones I have already started- thus making my stack on my nightstand impossibly tall! There are a few books that I have read several times and those belong to three authors!
First up, Emily Giffin! I absolutely love her books! I have read most of them several times and each time I find myself identifying with another character for different reasons! My favorite books are Heart of the Matter and Love the One You're With. Some of her books take place in NYC and since I used to live there, I can picture exactly where the characters are living and of course, I just get more roped in! I would recommend her to any of my friends as her writing style is addicting! She is coming out with a new book this summer called Where We Belong and I beyond excited!!!
Secondly, I have to give a nod to JK Rowling and her Harry Potter series! I know I do not need to rehash the plot, but these books, in my opinion, changed children's literature as we knew it. I saw kids excited to read for the first time since all the "toys" (iPads, gameboys, xbox, etc) came out. Plus, her life story is inspiring and gives hope to struggling writers everywhere!
Lastly, I have read most of Donald Miller's books at least twice with my favorite being his newest book A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. Check out this blog and this blog where I wrote more about my impressions on the book! I also love Blue Like Jazz because it was one of the first books I read that seemed to put my thoughts on God/Jesus/Church/Religion into complete, concise sentences. Plus, Don is from Portland!! I also recommend Searching for God Knows What if you like the first two Donald Miller recommendations!
I have loved reading about other people's favorite books! I have already added a few more to my ever growing list! Check out Sar's blog to see other's recommendations!

3 comments:
I like those Emily Giffin books, too. I'll check out the Donald Miller books.
Love Emily Giffin! She is a very talented Author. I can't wait for the new one, Its been on hold with the library for awhile.
Love Donald MIller books. Haven't read A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. I'm gonna have to add that one to my list! Also, I've heard of Emily Griffin but never read anything by her. Will have to check that out, too :)
Post a Comment