Initially, I am flooded of people who I miss and would love to hang out with and enjoy dinner or drinks amongst good conversation. How do I only pick 5?? Living or non-living? People I know or those I only wished I knew? Here is what I have come up with!
![]() |
| My great grandma in 2009 |
I have no living grandparents and most days I am okay with it. But occasionally, I see my friends spending time with their g-parents and I get bummed out. I have many amazing memories with my grandparents from when I was little and I am fortunate to have many photographs as well, but it makes me a little sad that the "big" days still to come (wedding, birth of children, etc.) they wont be there to celebrate with me.
[2] Paul
...of the New Testament. What a cool lad he was!! Today I was listening to a few sermons that I missed from a few weeks ago (we are going through Philippians) and I was sitting there thinking... Paul was an amazing man. He just got it done! And under crap circumstances too. I find it inspiring that God can take such imperfect people and use them for his glory! Anyways, I think dinner with him would be facinating!
[3] All my family members- around one table!
Growing up in Montana, we had very few cousins around (most lived in WY or MN) and when we did get together, it was so much fun! I feel so blessed to live in close proximity to my brother and sister-in-law (and baby James) and to have my parents within a days drive. But, I would love a dinner with all my family members present with a round of games following of course!
[4] Lady Gaga
For obvious reasons :) I would love to talk to her about her style, the lyrics to her songs, her life and dreams. I once watched a special on her and I was blown away by her depth and insight on life and her view of society. She is an enigma and is obviously infectious!
![]() |
| A picture I took in Munich of the White Rose memorial |
Sophie was a German who lived during Nazi Germany and was an active participant in the White Rose (a non-violent resistance group). She and her brother Hans were eventually executed for being convicted of high treason after being caught distributing anti-war leaflets at the University of Munich. Her story is documented in a book entitled Sophie Scholl and the White Rose. It would be amazing to talk to her about her experience under Nazi regime and how she was able to stand up for what she truly believed as what was good and just, despite the risk that eventually took her life.


No comments:
Post a Comment