Day 14! Only two more posts left in this 15 day challenge (this being one of them). Head over to Sar's blog to check out what other people are choosing for their favorite movie!
Day 14's prompt: If you were only allowed to watch one movie for the rest of your life, what movie would it be and why?
Only one movie!? I was talking about this with my sister-in-law yesterday and I could not decide between two movies. So I will post them both!
Movie #1: A League of Their Own (1992)
I have watched this movie at least a dozen times! I love it! Its funny and yet is an amazing story! Tom Hanks is hilarious and I think it may be one of his best movies! Plus Madonna, Rose O'Donald and Geena Davis are fantastic! A story of women's baseball league during WWII...
Movie #2: Steel Magnolias (1989)
Super sad movie, but I love it! For someone who did NOT grow up in the South, it is fun to see what life is like in the South. Also, I love Julie Roberts and her role in this movie. Plus gotta love Dolly Parton, Sally Field and Shirley MacLaine!!



7 comments:
I love A League of Their Own! Who doesn't love baseball, strong women, and Tom Hanks?!
I second Sar's comment. It's such a cool, fun, empowering film!
Now I want to watch A League of Their Own again! It is a really good and motivational movie without being preachy.
A League Of Their Own is one of my favs!!!! I loved Tom Hanks in that movie!! One of the greats!
Love. A League of their Own is one of my favorites. "There's no crying in baseball" I love Madonna in it. Such a good, stinkin' movie!!
Great movie choices...two of my favorites, also! Hope the first few days of work are going well for you!
PS: A League of Their Own is one of the Flicks on the Bricks movies this summer...check it out if you area around! http://www.thesquarepdx.org/documents/FlicksontheBricks518final.pdf
Post a Comment