Sunday, July 1, 2012

Big day!

Tomorrow is the day we have all been waiting for! The last three years have all been in preparation for this exam in some way or another. The last three (plus four) years of my life come down to this one little test... And I am not at all anxious ;) Anxiety is one of those emotions I do not do well. Actually, if you know me, you know I do not do many emotions well. But this one in particular is very difficult. When I get anxious, I get moody, short and frustrated with the smallest of things. I am not a pleasure to be around and usually, I try to remove myself from the way of others. These past few days I have been adventuring in San Francisco with my friend Jenn and all other days I have been able to keep these emotions at bay... but not today/tonight. I can feel my heart rate rising, my blood pressure increasing and feel like I cannot stop sweating (all common symptoms of the "fight" of the fight/flight response). Instead of my regular freakout/miniature meltdown, I am going to throw back a shot or drink a whiskey-ginger and laugh, smile and even "dance it out" until I am ready for bed. I am going to spend some quiet time with the big man upstairs and rest in knowing I have put in the work to be prepared and I just need to trust in that. If you're the praying type, please pray for my anxiety to decrease and clarity of mind for tomorrow. I could not possibly prepare more for this exam, now all there is time to do is take the little bugger! See you on the other side!

1 comment:

Carlee said...

Hope it goes well. Congrats on getting to the point to actually sit for this exam! You have so much to be proud of!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...