Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 11- Change is a process

Day 11! Woowee! Prompt: "What is the one thing you would never change about yourself?"

This one is hard for me because I think change is GOOD!  I think change is a PROCESS and is an ongoing process.  And, to be quite honest, I am thankful for that... That being said, I also think change is difficult and hard. 

Some of the things I think of that I would like to always be true of myself would be: 
-integrity
-honesty
-loyalty
-passionate
-adventurous spirit
-my love and commitment for God, family and friends...

Then there are things I do wish I could (will eventually) change:
-I wish I was more humble.
-I wish I was slow to speak and quick to listen. 
-I wish I was gentle (especially with my speech- get where this is going?)
-I wish I was more patient

But change is a process. And likely, we are the way we are (or have the characteristics) for a reason; due to our experiences, our family background/childhood, etc.  We all have lists of things that we wish we were better at, but we should all have lists of qualities that we KNOW are good and desirable.  Good prompt Sar!  Excited to see what other's come up with for this one.  Head over to Sar's blog to check out other's responses :)

A friendship that has experienced the most change over the years...  in all the good ways!
A girl who has changed with me... along side of me and in front of me all along the journey 
And a family that has been there through all the change (the good and the bad)

3 comments:

Sar said...

I think that because you know what you'd want to change about yourself, you'll go far because you recognize what you need to work on! I'm always surprised when people tell me I'm patient, 'cuz I'm think I'm super impatient! Hilarious about perspectives, right?

Abbey said...

Yes! So hard to remember sometimes that change is good! :)

Jyndia said...

Thanks Sar! I agree on the perspective thing completely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...