Tuesday, March 27, 2012

#6 Thankful Tuesdays!

Continuing the tradition of crossing things off my list, I have decided to begin writing "5 things I am thankful for..." every Tuesday.  This tradition will hopefully continue weekly until the end of the 1001!  Though this is very exciting, I cannot help but feel the enormity of how big of task this will be.  No doubt I have a lot to be thankful for in my life.  And I firmly believe by recognizing these things weekly, it will not only serve as a good reminder when I am feeling down, but chronicle all the blessings around me.  I imagine some weeks the things I write about will be trivial, but the greater message is I am a very lucky girl to know that for the next 2+ years, I will be able to at least come up with 5 things per week!  Before I write on the things I am thankful for this week, here are some thoughts on the subject:

Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. - Melody Beattie

What if you wake up TODAY with only the things that you thanked God for YESTERDAY?



1). My parents are coming to visit for 4 days and that means hours of family time, playing games and enjoying good food and good company

2). The coffee in my cup this morning.  Well, let's be real, the coffee in my cup every morning

3). I am thankful for my internships at OHSU and Craig Hospital.  I have many classmates that do not love their internship sites or CIs and I have been beyond blessed with all my CIs and sites for the past 22 weeks.

4). Friends! Friends who do not think it is silly or that we are too old to go to the premire of the Hunger Games last Thursday!

5). Having Thursdays off work to spend doing whatever my the whimsical portion of my heart decides to do!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...