Friday, March 30, 2012

Rain... all day rain!!!

A few weeks ago- proof my previous jacket
was not waterproof 
A few weeks ago, I made a very important realization... My rain coat is not waterproof!  Actually, it wasn't even all that water-resistant. :( Which is unfortunate when you live in a city like Portland and it rains nearly every day during the winter.  In fact, according to the local paper, Portland is on track to break the record amount of rainfall in the month of March.  As of Saturday, Portland had recorded 7.28 inches of rain in the month (record was set in 1957 at 7.52 inches).  So this discovery was an important one to make, but more importantly, action needed to take place.

Thankfully, my REI dividend was calculated back a few weeks ago and delivered with a 20% off coupon. My parents are in town this week and so we made the trek to REI.  I originally was going to purchase shoes for my bike so I could use the clip pedals, but I decided a new rain jacket was more of a priority.  I received advice from several REI experts and with the persuasion of my mom, I purchased a legit rain jacket!

I never knew a jacket could make me so happy, but after spending most of the rainiest month (apparently of my life) wet, I now know that it is very possible to stay dry!  And for those of you who know me... the very fact that this jacket is not black and not NorthFace might come at quite a shock.  It has taken me a few days to get used to the color as well, but it is my attempt at embracing Spring! (I originally picked out the back NorthFace rain jacket, but was told it was only water-resistant)  So here is to enjoying the rain and jumping in all kinds of water puddles!

New Jacket!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...