
This is one of the first things to cross off my list of
101 in 1001. Last friday I met my lovely friend Erin Forget at Grand Central Bakery for brunch. One of the beautiful perks of working 4, 10 hour days is having a week day off to explore breakfast locations that are otherwise impossible to get into on the weekend. I have heard a lot about
Grand Central Bakery, but have never been (they have locations in Seattle and my friend Kristen has ranted about their goodness). Erin and I had a tough time deciding which of all the perfectly baked food we should try, but we both settled on having the Sausage Egg Biscuit. I also had a side of Irish Soda Bread since it was pre-St. Pat's day weekend. The food did not disappoint and neither did the conversation that followed. It is a great gift to have a weekday off and I will continue to try new breakfast locations in the next eight weeks!

The second breakfast adventure I had was with the beautiful Jenn Hart. This was Sunday morning following St. Patrick's Day and all we wanted was potatoes and eggs. Jenn had been to the
Bakery Bar before and it is really close to her house, so we gave it a shot. This quaint little restaurant was packed, but we put our name on the list and ordered some much needed coffee. My latte was phenomenal! Jenn got a mocha and it was very tasty as well (even though I dont really like chocolate in my coffee). We actually were seated within 10-15 minutes and didnt mind the wait because the people watching was fantastic! I got a breakfast burrito and Jenn got the D-Bear Bowl (I think). Again, a perfectly needed conversation flowed as we ate, taking in all the flavors of our food!
These resturants were perfect breakfast outings and I would highly recommend both of them!
No comments:
Post a Comment