Every morning I ride the streetcar to my internship. Without exception, 90% of riders listen to their iPods/iPhones. So this morning, I thought I would talk a little about what's playing on my iPhone in the mornings.
Some mornings I listen to pump-up music in order to get my heart rate above the slow, lethargic pace it has been since I woke this AM. It generally includes strong female artists such as Lady Gaga, Katie Perry, Rihanna and Pink.
Other mornings, I try to engage in more intellectually stimulating chatter. This includes podcasts from church services I have missed, news reports, or words from an audiobook.
It's a rare morning, however, that I can focus enough to entertain the latter. So most often, I start with a podcast and find my mind is elsewhere and switch back to music.
Since I am one of the bilzion of Americans with an iPhone, I also can multitask while listening to music. This includes reading/responding to emails, reading blogs that I love or thumbing through the review app I have to study for my boards exam.
But, I have to say, my favorite thing to do is start the Pandora app on the Mumford and Sons station and zone out or sleep.
My commute on the way home is much different! The train is typically packed and I am lucky if I can find a seat. And since my days are filled with craziness, I try to pick something that will slow my heart rate back down. I even have a playlist dedicated to this purpose. :)
So my question to you is, what is on your iPhone/iPod and in what ways do you use music to influence your mood/mind?
No comments:
Post a Comment