Friday, March 2, 2012

Confession...

...I love buying books more than I like to read them.  If I could spend all day at a bookstore, I would.  I especially love used book stores because each used book has a smell to it.  A color to it and a feeling to the pages.  The way the pages turn in my fingers suggests the previous owner poured over the contents carefully and systematically, not allowing any crumbs or drops of liquid to penetrate the pages. Since I have Friday's off, I typically try to find a new "old" place in portland to visit.  Today, I spent part of my afternoon at Powell's Books . It is one of my favorite places in Portland to get loss, winding my way around the floor to ceiling shelfs of new and used books. Its simply an extraordinary place and second to no other in the country (though, STRAND books in NYC comes close).  Anyways, I have a myarid of books I could read right now, that have already been bought and have a home on my bookshelves, but there is something about pursuing the book store for new titles. And this bookstore in particular can be an all day adventure if you want. And that is just what I did on this delightful Friday that I had off from my internship!  Let me know if you have any book suggestions :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...