First, I must address the elephant in the room... I have failed miserably at this month's blog challenge. I thought I was going to be able to do it, but being in New Orleans and this being a very short semester... that was probably not a wise decision to take on the challenge. Regardless, I will make every attempt to blog as much as possible... since I did take the challenge and I do enjoy writing!
Update on my knee... its been a while since I have done an official update and the reason for doing so is actually quite multicfacitated. First, its hard for me to always be talking about it. Its been a very frustrating process for me these past six months and when there is not a huge beacon of light at the end of the tunnel, it gets kinda dark (in the tunnel that is). Second, I feel as though my identity has become wrapped up in my knee. Because this has been something I have been dealing with for a while, people seem to forget that I am a person first and that there is much more to me than just my knee. Third, since the rehab is such a slow process, there isnt much to update on a consistent basis.
So, now that I got all of that off my chest, here is the update. I had my knee successfully manipulated under anesthesia about a month ago and I have since then gained rough 75 degrees of flexion. Now, this is a big improvement, but still not functional. I am being fitted for a dynasplint tomorrow, which I will wear at night and it will hold my knee in a flexed position for a prolonged period of time that will help modulate the tissues. Hopefully this will help significantly and I can move onto strengthening and more functional activities soon.
The title of this blog is "walk by faith" and that comes from this Jeremy Camp song that happened to be on the radio this morning. I have been dealing with this knee problem for six months now and as you can imagine, it is difficult to be positive and optimistic sometimes. This song seemed to address that perfectly. Though I feel as though I am able to trust God more completely these days, faith is still hard for me. I have hyperlinked the song as well as provided the lyrics. Hopefully they offer you the same comfort they offered me today. Cheers!
Would I believe you when you would say
Your hand will guide my every way
Will I receive the words You say
Every moment of every day
Well I will walk by faith
Even when I cannot see
Well because this broken road
Prepares Your will for me
Help me to win my endless fears
You've been so faithful for all my years
With one breath You make me new
Your grace covers all I do
I will walk, I will walk, I will walk by faith
I will, I will, I will walk by faith
No comments:
Post a Comment