Saturday, February 12, 2011

Fleur de lis

Saturday in New Orleans... what to do?!

The conference ended well! I learned so many awesome/amazing things at this conference, but what I learned/realized was how legit our program is! Almost every speaker that presented, was presenting on the most current evidence available. The thing is, that was what was taught to us in our courses! Which just makes me thankful that I chose this program and that my professors are so dedicated to teaching the most current evidence! Today, I went to a lecture by Shirley Sahrmann- whose material we learn in our examination and evaluation courses. She is brilliant and exceptionally funny! It was a great refresher of her examination methods, but more than that it was cool just to be in a lecture that she was giving! I know, nerd alert!

The last session for me ended about 3pm, so Maggie and I caught the trolley down to the french quarter and walked around the french market! It was a beautiful day, sunny and full of life! People were everywhere, shopping, walking, laughing and just enjoying life! I had so much fun people watching in the quarter. I got a mask and this beautiful necklace with a small fleur de lis charm on it! I also got a few prints from this really awesome artist!

We walked around for several hours before we met up with Camille's group for dinner at this awesome restaurant called "old coffee pot gumbo restaurant". The food was amazing (as usual) and the company was pretty great as well! From there, we walked back to the hotel where we were interrupted by a wedding! The bride and groom were leading a parade down the street with their wedding party and all their guests following them! They even had police blocking off the streets for this parade!

After we got back to the hotel, I met up with Emily and Maggie and we went to this awesome wine bar. It was no wider than 30 feet and was probably 200 feet long. It was just wide enough to have a bar, a place to walk and a bench against the wall to sit down at. I had an awesome time with good company and had wonderful conversation! A perfect way to end my night in New Orleans!

On the ride home, the cabbie was hilarious! He was from Syria and had some words of wisdom for me. He told me "once you get the buzz, it will not get any bigger, so you must stop, or you get sicker" He was a pretty funny man!

I promise a creative writing/prose for tomorrow. And, I will add pictures to all the posts! I havent looked at any of the ones on my camera yet! I wanted to wait- delayed gratification of some sorts :)

Our Hotel- Really cool old building!

Starbucks on the last day- much needed!

Trolley!

Mississippi river

Messing around while we wait for our group

The church at Jackson Square

Mara and the tarot card readers!

The wedding party takes the streets

Wine bar that I went to with Maggie and Emily

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...