When I originally set out to blog every day in the month of Feb, I was going to tell one story from when I lived in NYC each week. I originally was going to do that on Saturdays, but here I am, procrastinating and I cant think of anything else to write, so I will tell NYC stories :)
 |
| Lucie girl |
Tonight I am going to tell stories about my "kids". Some of you know all my stories from living in the city and others of you do not know any. So, bare with me if you already know these stories. When I lived in the city, I was a nanny on Park Ave. I knew I was not ready to "grow up" so I decided what better way not to grow up than spend all day with a very active 2 year old princess and her 4 and 5 year old brothers (they are now 5, 7 and 8). Lucie and I spent nearly every hour together running from zoo class to sports class to ballet and back. Her brothers Carter and Henry were in pre and pre-pre-school, so I would have every morning to myself with my little friend. She and I would have adventures in Central Park, play -dough parties, Starbucks dates, arts and craft expositions, play dates with her friends to museums and playgrounds and must have built hundreds of "creations" with her Dora duplos.
 |
| Carter |
The life these people live is unimaginable. Their Park Ave apartment was just one of their three residences. They had this beautiful country home in Bedford NY (which is one of the towns outside of the city where people who generally work in the city, raise their families). They also had a house in North Carolina because the father of the family worked there during the week. While working for this family, I was able to be put on their museum memberships, so play dates at the MET and Natural History Museum were normal. The boy's school had a playground on the roof- naturally ;) By far, my favorite was "zoo class" since we all know how much I love animals. This was a chance for Lucie and her little friends to go to the Central Park Zoo and learn about animals. Every week, they were able to pet a new animal. This was all well and good until the animal of the week was a baby alligator! I was running for the hills with that one! :)
Though this family was completely different than my own (or anyone I have known in this life time), they were very down to earth people- especially compared to some of the other parents my nanny friends worked for. The mom had previous worked in fashion and the dad worked for Cisco. Somewhat normal... right?!
Here are some of my favorite pictures of me and Lucie. I miss them a lot and I am very thankful I only worked for them for one year! :)
 |
| Lucie and her friend Betsy |
 |
| Playground days! |
 |
| Playing in the park |
 |
| Henry and Carter |
No comments:
Post a Comment