Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Snowy Saturday...

Today was a perfect day to sit inside, drink hot chocolate by a fire and read a book.  In fact at one point, the snow falling outside my window was coming down sideways.  I love how relaxing a sky filled with gray clouds can be.  It reminds me of Portland!  I always feel comforted when the normally blue, sunny skies of Denver turn gray.  Its literally feels like the sky is giving me a hug :)

But today, there was no fire and there was no hot chocolate.  It was spent studying.  I have a big test coming up on Monday and several small things that need to get done before heading to New Orleans on Tuesday.  I will be heading to CSM in New Orleans with most of my friends/classmates here in Denver.  It is one big conference for PTs all across America to come together and go to educational courses presenting the newest research on various topics.  Its also a chance to network with PTs across the nation and a lot of socializing happen :) I am excited to go to a few of the spinal cord injury lectures and also one on barefoot running (since I get asked a lot about those shoes).  I am also excited to go to a new city with people I like spending time with!  It will be challenging to keep the blog going while down there, but if nothing else, I can update on the things I get to see and do in NOLA!

I am also PUMPED for the Super Bowl tomorrow!  Really, I think its going to be a great game!  And the commercials are always worth it! :) A bunch of my classmates are all getting together to watch it at Dave's house- so that will be a lot of fun and break up the day that will otherwise be spent studying :S

Lastly, I have to say, I got to skype with Raynelle tonight and it was so perfect!  I miss her tons and she surprised me by being down in California visiting some of my favorite people!  It was just what I needed and much better than reading people magazine :)

Well, I am off to study a bit more before bed!  I will be thankful when this test has been taken as I am sick of studying on Saturday nights!

1 comment:

Sara said...

You should let me know what you learn from the barefoot running lecture!! Have fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...