Friday, December 31, 2010

Top Songs of 2010

My lovely friend Carrie has faithfully made a monthly list of songs that embody her thoughts and feelings of that particular month/week/moment.  I have thoroughly enjoyed every list of songs she has created and subsequently have been introduced to so many new artists.  I have been thinking about doing something similar because music means so much to me and plays a vital role in my life, but feel the task is somewhat daunting.  Therefore, I decided I would try to put together a list of songs that deeply impacted me this past year.  They are in no particular order and most of them, more than likely, will be those I have recently listened to the most.  I have hyperlinked each song so you can enjoy it as well.

Need You Now- Lady Antebellum (for the moments of weakness amidst the vulnerability)

Come Thou Fount- Sufjan Stevens (for when I feel my heart begin to wonder... again)

I'll Stand by You- Carrie Underwood (for remembering what we're fighting for)

Highway 20 Ride- (for the moments of my childhood I wish were not part of my story)

Take Me as I Am- Sugarland (for living with the scars, not saying I'm perfect, but promising I'm worth it)

Maybe- Ingrid Michaelson (for letting go)

American Honey- Lady Antebellum (for growing up in a small town)

Crazy Dreams- Carrie Underwood (for those long shots that dare me to dream)

Bad Romance- Lady Gaga (for playing as loud as I can when I need a moment of silence)

Hollywood is Not America- Ferras (for when I lose track of reality)

Breakeven- The Script (for the moments when I am barely breathing)

Famous in a Small Town- Miranda Lambert (for the sacred, sweet moments in Kalispell)

Cowboy Casanova- Carrie Underwood (for when I need a country song to sing at the top of my lungs)

I'd Rather Be with You- Joshua Radian (for the moments when I miss those closest to me)

Warm Whispers- Missy Higgins (for those moments when my words fail me)

Fearless- Taylor Swift (for the moments when dancing in the rain, fully clothed sounds like a good idea)

Dont Stop Believing- Glee cover (for when it would be easy to give up)

Ready to Love Again- Lady Antebellum (for living without fear)

That is just those that come to mind right off the top of my head.  Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...