![]() |
| Pieta- by Michelangelo, Vatican 2008 |
History indicates that Mary was likely a teenager at the time she was approached by the Angel of the Lord detailing God's plan for her to give birth to the Savior of the world. I shutter to imagine what my response would have been. Especially considering the culture she was living in. Her song which is accounted for in Luke, shows a deep understanding of God's plan as well as wisdom beyond her years.
Therefore, tonight the connection I am trying to make is quite simple. If Mary can put her entire life plans on hold to say yes to God, then it can be done. Mary was just an ordinary girl, whom the Lord picked because she "found favor with God". She likely had her own set of fears and doubts. It would not surprise me if she had second thoughts about obeying God. But, Mary answered the call so beautifully. She said showed courage, strength and honor and made a difficult decision to follow God.
So tonight, I am praying that I can continue to obey God's plan for my life. And accept that there are things I do not understand and may never understand this side of heaven. I am learning to be content with the grey area in my life a little more each day. And rest in the knowledge that it is in that gray area where God does some of his best work in my life. I am thankful for Mary. I am thankful for God's Son. And I am thankful that I have a God that continues to love me in the moments where I am not courageous, do not trust and/or do not have strength.

1 comment:
Love it Jyn... Every year I listen to the song "Sing Mary Sing" by Jennifer Knapp. This entry made me think of that song.
Post a Comment