There is one thing I know... Montana is beautiful! I have been home for about a week and every day, the scene outside my parent's bay windows have been just short of magical. The snow has fallen almost perfectly- that slow, fluttering snow that takes hours to reach the ground from the sky. The sun has shown itself almost every day (and if you know anything about Kalispell, that is nearly a miracle). The sunsets have been beautiful- an ideal mix of pinks, oranges and deep mountain purple. We have a view of Glacier Park from the windows, which is one of the most coveted views I know of.
These views have been beautiful, but it is hard to remain inside, not being able to enjoy the scenery that I have been watching for the last seven days. Though things are going well with my knee and healing seems to be progressing, it is so hard to be homebound. I am trying to keep my head up and remember this will all work itself out and next year I wont even remember these feelings I have now. But its frustrating... I want to be snow shoeing! I want to be running around town with my mom getting ready for the holidays. I want to be able to move from one room to the other without needing crutches. And the very basic- I would like to be able to sleep through the night without being awoken because of pain or being uncomfortable.
I miss my brother and Lydia and other friends that cant make it home this year. Its not the same when there is just the three of us. Last night, I was honored to play a role in my friend Alison's engagement to Alex and I am looking forward to spending time with them over the next week. Its been a tough few months, but I have to believe this is the beginning of being on the right side of karma :)


1 comment:
I think I would like to retire to your parents house. Now. It is my only birthday wish! :) Enjoy the rest of your time in a such a beautiful place!
Post a Comment