There are two types of scars. Those that lie on the skin, easily seen by others from the outside and those that reside on the inside, left unseen which are often the deepest. Those scars on the inside can be emotional and spiritual in nature and do not follow the rules for healing. The scars are often laid down in such a fashion that at a later date the scar needs to be ripped up and realigned in a more productive manner; which is often so painful it is avoided, only deepening the scar that was originally laid down.
One week ago today I added more scars to my body. These superficial, physical scars can be seen by everyone. In time, these scars will fade and become less obvious, but for now, they are dark red, wide and long. These superficial ones have not come without those deeper, less noticeable scars inside. Its been a long road... and there is no real end in site.
Ironically, I started reading the book Little Bee and in the opening chapter this quote was found:
...a scar is never ugly. That is what the scar makers what us to think. But you and I, we must make an agreement to defy them. We must see all scars as beauty. Okay? This will be our secret. Because take it from me, a scar does not form on the dying. A scar means, I survived.
And that is where this story begins. These scars are to be seen as beautiful and those scars that have formed on the inside need to be broken down and undergo productive remodeling phases. Cheers to a new beginning.
![]() |
| Site of myofascial flap graft |
![]() |
| The skin graft |


3 comments:
Holy moly!! You are a strong woman Jyndie! I love you and think about you every day!
Jyndia, once again your words mean more to me that you know. I love that, "A scar means, I survived." I know you are going through a lot right now, but please know you are not alone. Even an ocean away someone is thinking and praying for you. And again, your words are very applicable to me right now, so thank you for sharing. Heal up and feel better my friend. YOU ARE SURVIVING!!! (And doing a beautiful job of it!)
Jyndia, you are such a beautiful person, inside and out. I love you more than words express.
Post a Comment