Saturday, November 17, 2012

#1 A week without complaining

There is a reason this is #1 on my list. And with the coming week being the Thanksgiving holiday, I thought it would be a fantastic week to go without complaining. I spent today thinking about the kinds of things I usually complain about and was surprised at how completely ridiculous some of these items are. Here is an example of my daily/weekly complaints:

1). Being cold
2). Having to bike to work in the cold
3). Not having anything to eat in my fridge
4). Having to do laundry
5). When my patients are late or dont show up at all
6). When people are being stupid
7). Having to clean (mainly my room and/or bathroom)
8). Not having enough money to pay for my student loans AND all the fun I want to have (insert needing to start budget ASAP!!)
9). Politics at work regarding management
10). Not having enough time in my day to do all I want

So, this week I am going to get after it and stop complaining.  And while I am at it, I will also stop talking crap about other people. This also usually occurs because I am bored and obviously have nothing intelligent to say regarding said person. I also get sucked in when other people are gossiping or taking crap about other people. Which is a little third grade of me. In some regards, this topic is
embarrassing to discus in this semi-public platform as it seems so childish.  This week will
definitely provide one heck of a challenge.

On another note, if I actually sat down and prayed for half of the (more serious) things I complain about... ufda, that is another blog!

1 comment:

Abby said...

It's not embarrassing because we all deal with it. I think you are completely amazing for coming forward about it. This would be really hard for me, but I think I will join you. This week, starting tomorrow, on Thanksgiving, I will not complain(at least not out loud). Thank you for giving me something to consciously think about. You continue to inspire me Jyndia girl. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...