Hard to know where the last year has gone!
So much has happened this year: graduation, moved closer to family, landed
dream job, and made new friends in a city I love! In true fashion, here is the
list of the twenty-eight things I have learned in twenty-eight years. Previous
lists can be found here
28:
-Never underestimate the power of a smile
-Every hero has a journey, most include an
obstacle or two to overcome
-The best lessons in life are learned
"on the job"
-I have a preference for black and gray,
but trying to be more colorful in life
-It's okay to let go of things that are
seemingly good for something greater that is just around the corner
-Write down your goals. If you don't, how
else will you remember what you're striving for?
-Live with intentionality
-Chocolate and wine go together rather
splendidly
-Do what you want. If you don't, you will
always be left wondering "what if..."
-At all times, have your thumb in a book.
It can rejuvenate your soul
-God is patient
-Let go of what you cannot change
-Take risks every day (especially the small
ones)
-Think before you speak (I relearn this
every year)
-It's okay to live in the gray, embrace it
-People want to feel needed and
appreciated... Validate them
-Negative relationship need to be ended...
Always!
-Some days you need to hit the snooze
button 10 times
-Family will always have your back
-What we see is only a fraction of what
really is...
-People will rationalize and justify
anything and everything to be "right". Let them
| Cheers to another 28 years! |
-When I am with someone, they deserve my full attention. I don't need to check my phone...
-Exercise in the morning before your brain
figures out what you're doing
-Don't let Facebook fool you into thinking
your life is not valuable. People only share the best side
-Any night involving whiskey is a good
night
-I was born country and country is what I
love
No comments:
Post a Comment