Wednesday, November 21, 2012

#5 Solo at a concert

I will let you in on a little secret. I am an extrovert x100! I love entertaining. I love being entertained :) I regularly schedule weeknight activities 3-4 nights a week. I thrive in social situations. And as a result, I have a real hard time being alone. I have never gone to a movie by myself. I have never gone to a concert by myself. I have never had dinner (at a restaurant) by myself.  So it seemed like an appropriate challenge and thus was added to my list last Spring.

A couple of months ago, I found out Eric Church was coming to Portland and it happened to be right around my birthday. I asked a few friends if they wanted to go to the concert with me, but due to a variety of circumstances, no one was available that night. While at work on Thursday I was talking to a coworker about how badly I wanted to go to the concert, but no one was available to accompany me. She made the simple suggestion that I go by myself. I think my jaw literally dropped. BY MYSELF??!!?

I got home from work on Thursday and looked up tickets on Craigslist to see if anything was available (concert sold out months ago). And sure enough, there was a ticket for GA available. But I had to decide that moment if I wanted to go. I called the # and sure enough, the ticket was available. No kidding, several excuses ran through my head as I was talking to the lady about why I couldnt meet her to get the ticket or the price was too much, etc. I literally found myself doubting that I could attend the concert by myself. Long story short, I bought the ticket. 

Eric Church
I have to say, I completely surprised myself at how good of a time I had at the concert. The biggest mental game I played with myself while at the concert was battling what others potentially were thinking "why is that girl all alone?". And by the end of the night, I really didnt care what anyone else thought. I was 2 rows away from one of my favorite country artists, wearing my cowboy hat and boots and singing along to some great songs. Eric Church put on quite the show! Complete with smoke, fireworks and plenty of his bad-ass attitude! I had a fantastic time and I think this might be the first step towards doing a whole host of things alone ;)





Kip More & Justin Moore


1 comment:

Jodi said...

Good for you! I too would have had a hard time going alone. But being single for as long as I have been I've learned to do a lot of things on my own. Otherwise I would miss out on a lot of fun stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...