
I have some friends that know how to put together a good tailgate party! Having gone to a college with no football team, I missed out on the tradition of supporting your team by playing lawn games and consuming copious amounts of alcohol prior to the game.
Football is one of my favorite sports to watch and even more fun if viewed in person. Having moved back to the Northwest this year, I have gotten the opportunity to join some friends in Seattle to watch some Seahawk games. These friends know no limits when it comes for rooting on their team. Two of them own tailgating vans that were specifically created to house said activities. My friend Ryan and his finance own one that has a TV cut in the side of it (to watch all the morning's games), a grill that folds out of a secret compartment and lockers and benches on the inside that holds all game day necessities: jerseys, hats, extra solo cups and of course more Seahawks paraphernalia than imaginable. My other friend also has a van equip with leather stadium seats, a massive TV, sound system and compartments for more game day needs.
The first game I went to this season was against the Patriots in October. My friend Kristen was also able to join in the fun. It rained the majority of the time, but nothing game day tents couldn't handle! We had a blast hanging out with everyone and the game was amazing! Won it in the last minutes against a team that was supposed to crush us (the QB after all is Tom Brady).
The second game I went to was against the Minnesota Vikings and this time my mom was among the party guests! We were divided on whom to cheer for, but the pre-game adventures did not disappoint. This weekend I will be back for more when I join these lovely people once again for a game against the New York Jets. Cannot wait!!


No comments:
Post a Comment