I may have witnessed one of the most fantastic music events of my recent life. Last night, I was fortunate enough to go see three fabulous females completely own a stage. The night started off with Butterfly Boucher, a native Auzzie who has been featured on Gray's Anatomy. I have downloaded a couple of her songs throughout the past few years and always loved her sound. Well, she totally rocked it on stage! She has an amazing voice and actually co-wrote some of the songs on Missy Higgin's new album. She played on all three sets and is very talented!
Katie Herzig was next and she also put on a fabulous show! Her voice was truly beautiful
and she had one of the most amazing cello players I have watched in a long time! Katie played a variety of songs; some fast and up-beat and others more subdued. I am planning on getting one of her newer albums because her voice was so pure. Fun fact: She is from CO Springs and her music was also featured on Gray's Anatomy!
 |
| Butterfly Boucher and Katie Herzig |
And last, but certainly not least, the one and only Missy Higgins! I was first introduced to her music when a few of her songs were featured on the early seasons of Gray's Anatomy and later found myself at a few of her concerts! The last time I saw her was with my lovely friend
Carrie Horton in 2008 when she was on tour with Joshua Radian. But last night's concert was by far the best! Part of the reason was the venue. This year, she played at the
Wonder Ballroom in NE Portland, which is a much more intimate setting. Also, this is one of her first stops on a tour with these lovely ladies and one of the first tours back after she took a bit of a break from the music scene, so it almost felt like she was reinvigorated and once again passionate for her music.
What I like best about Missy's music is the honesty within her lyrics. She really lays her heart on the table and holds nothing back! Especially the songs:
Where I Stood,
The Special Two,
Everyone's waiting and
Steer. Additionally her musical talent is amazing! She switched between the piano, keyboard, guitar and backup vocals rather seamlessly. There was a point during the concert where she was solo on stage with just her voice, a spotlight and the piano and I had goosebumps! Needless to say, check out her songs if you dont know her music already!
 |
| Fiona and myself at the concert! |
I still need to recap going to Norah Jones' concert, but I had so much fun last night, I had to post ASAP about this lovely musical medley!
1 comment:
I am SO painfully behind in reading your blog! I have lots to catch up on! But I love that you saw Missy Higgins. And I wish I could have been there with you! Love you, friend :)
Post a Comment