I started at Goodwill and got a frame for $1.99 and then headed to ACE hardware for a dowel, chicken wire, paint and hooks. My purchase at ACE cost around $5-6, making this whole project max $8!!!!
Take the glass and backing out of the frame. I decided to paint the frame and the dowels teal to match my bathroom.
Measure the glass that was in the frame and cut the chicken wire to those measurements. After the paint dries, place the chicken wire in the back of the frame. I had to cut mine down a little smaller then the glass measurements.
Mount to wall! Make sure the hooks you buy are big enough for the dowel to slide in and out fairly freely. I have mostly dangling earrings, so I chose this sized chicken wire. If you have mostly stud earrings, you might consider smaller holes
Close-up look! Ideally, the hooks would have been silver to match the chicken wire, but this was all ACE had and I didnt want to go to another store
Final product! I realize, I have too much teal jewelry ;)




2 comments:
this is so cute! i need to do something to organize my jewelry!
Nice job--it looks great!! I desperately need more ways of displaying/storing my long bulky necklaces. This could totally work! New follower :)
Post a Comment