Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I miss fall in Colorado!

Fall is so near! In Portland, the weather has been amazing! Last week was in the 70-80s all week with bright blue skies! This week its suppose to reach 90! This is uncharacteristic of Portland, but I am truly loving it and honestly cannot remember the last time it rained :)

But, despite the beautiful weather, fall is just around the corner.  And this weekend, I was reminded of all the things I miss about Fall.  With fall comes the school year. I am fortunate this fall NOT to be starting classes and instead enjoying that little thing called employment!  I love crisp, clean air in the morning, everything pumpkin, football and boots! I love all my NorthFace jackets and wearing layers and of course the wind blowing the fallen leaves on the streets as they dance to their own tune.

But fall in Colorado was lovely and I am finding it is one of the few things I miss about living in Denver (missing my friends being at the very top of the short list).  Here is my list of Colorado things I miss!

1). I miss having pumpkin spice lattes with Camille over the conversations of our lives, mounds of homework/articles to read or while people watching at the "barn".
Girls supporting the boys at football with our starbucks in hand
2). I miss watching my male classmates play flag football. Not only were they amazing athletes, they are some of my best friends!

The "crew" after the boys won the 'Ship!!!!
3). I miss watching the Aspens change colors

In Aspen with Ethan

4). I miss going to falls sporting events! Rockies games (Rocktober), Broncos games and Oktoberfest!



Oktoberfest Denver!
5) I miss Halloween! And the all out costumes we put together!




Lastly, I miss the days of late fall when you know snow flurries are in the air... though I dont miss scrapping my windshield or it being too cold for my diesel car to start ;)

1 comment:

Janna Renee said...

We have already had snow on Pike's Peak 2x!! Not to rub it in, but I'm definitely enjoying fall around here ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...