Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Life under construction...

I was going to start this post with an apology for being "absent" from my little corner of the interweb.  But then, I realized, I do not have anything to be sorry about.  I have been living my life the best way I know how; being present.  Surprisingly, this is relatively new to me. I used to be that person that was always on the phone. Texting. Calling. Posting. Blogging. Liking. Commenting. Essentially, social media had taken over my life. But now, I value my time spent with people more.

These past three weeks have been jam packed with a small trip to Hawaii, concerts in the evenings, moving into a new apartment and neighborhood, weddings to celebrate, friends visiting from out of town and still being "new" at my job.  A lot of life has been lived and I wouldnt have it any other way.

That being said, I have about a million blogs that I have started, but want to put so much more thought into before I post them.  See, I have loved getting more into blogging, but I dont want to lose the authentic "voice" that began this blog almost three years ago. I dont want to short change myself (or my readers) because I am in a rush to post so that people will continue to visit/follow my blog.  That is not why I started, nor why I have kept writing for the past 300+ posts.

I want this space to be a reflection of my heart. My true, honest, perspective on life. On my life.  On the lives I see all around me. On God and his influence in my life.  I want to look back on these blogs and be proud of what I have written.  That being said, I also want this space to be one where I post random, funny things that happen to me or my friends, adventures I take advantage of and the silly antics I find myself up to on a regular basis.

So, I am not sorry I havent been posting as of late.  There has been a lot of life happening and I have been present for it all. Posts will be popping up in the near future. But for now, life is merely under construction; thanks for stopping by, now please resume yours as well!  :)
Maui- August 2012

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...