Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sunday is for...

...catching up! Catching up on lost sleep, catching up with friends and family (this weekend I am thankful to have my family in Oregon and getting to spend the last 4 days with them) and catching up on my blog.  Since starting work, I have found I have a million thoughts running through my head about good, deep, insightful (maybe) blogs, but lack the time energy to write them once I am finally home at my computer.  I am going to do a better job in the coming weeks to dialog a little more the happenings of my day.  Because, lets be honest, I have an incredible job and get to be a change agent in so many people's lives.  So, more to come on that!

I was pursuing the blog world and found this really fun link-up.  Its fun because it is all about Fall! And while yesterday topped out at 102 degrees (record weather for Portland), I am so excited for Fall! Especially fall in the Pacific Northwest!  Here are the questions!

1. What is your favorite Fall activity?
Pumpkin patches, corn mazes, Oktober fest celebrations, halloween, football games, reading books on a crisp cool morning, everything pumpkin, fall seasonal brews
Oktoberfest (2011)
Pumpkin Patches in CO (2009)
Woody and Buzz (2010)
2. Do you follow a football team? if so which one and why?
I love football! In fact, I will go to the gym on Sunday's and spend up to 2 hours on cardio machines just watching football (halftime typically takes you to 90 minutes). I love going to pro-football games and have been able to go to quite a few over the years! I have 4 teams that I follow (I know a lot).  But I will rank them in the order that I consider them my team:


Seattle Seahawks!
Growing up in Montana, Seattle is the closest pro team in our area!
Seahawks vs Broncos (2010)
Minnesota Vikings
My dad's family is from Minnesota :)
At Vikings vs Packers in MN (2011)
Denver Broncos
I lived in Denver for the last 3 years AND one of my brother's grade
school friends was just drafted as QB for them this year
Thanksgiving game vs Giants (2009)
Broncos vs Chargers (2009)
New England Patriots
I love them mostly because my entire fantasy football team 
was made up of their players last year (See 101 list #56)


3. What is something fun about Fall in your area?
Portland Foliage, walks along the river, portland bridges with fall colors, Portland Pirate festival (I am going to have to check this out this year!!), Oktoberfest, Farmers markets 


4. Favorite Fall outfit staples?
Scarves, boots, layers, browns/blacks, leggings, wide belts, hoodies, hats (pinterest!)




5. Thing you are looking forward to most about this coming Fall season?
I think I am most looking forward to being close to my family, walking in the leaves, cool crisp mornings and everything pumpkin!!!



7 comments:

Jyndia said...

Thanks girl!

Courtney B said...

Oh my goodness, how cute are you and your blog??! And thank goodness for Sundays! PERFECT day for catching up :)
I am craving fall so badly now! Portland sounds like the place to be for the season. So many fun activities!!

Veronica and Daniel said...

I LOVE those fall pictures! I am a Viking's fan as well, but have never been to a game! Now I live in Chicago and get lots of grief from all the Bear's fans - but I am still a Viking's girl! :)

Katie said...

this makes me so excited for fall!! I love everything about it!

Jyndia said...

Thanks! Portland is lovely and one of my all time favorite cities! Ahhh Fall is so close :)

Jyndia said...

Go Vikes! Maybe some day they will win some games ;)

Jyndia said...

Right?! Fall is so close! I cant wait to wake up and not sweat ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...