I love live music. For those that know me, I am fortunate to rarely pay to go to a show. Which makes feeding my obsession with live music affordable :) Last night I got to see Ellie Goulding at the Crystal Ballroom and she did not disappoint! If you do not know her music, you might say she is a cross between Florence & the Machine and Adele. She put on a great show full of fantastic lighting effects. While at the concert, I was thinking of components that make a great concert, better. Here's what I came up with:
1. Company- you must go with people you enjoy spending time with. Or, you can go by yourself (which isn't as scary as I thought it would be).
2. Venue- hopefully the venue you are at has good acoustics and sets the stage for the performers. I prefer the more intimate locals in contrast to stadium shows. Those are certainly fun too, but more enjoyable if you can be outside!
3. Proximity to the stage- luckily at the Crystal Ballroom we are usually VIP and right next to the stage. But in my opinion it is always worth it to shell out a couple extra dollars to be closer. Especially if you are at an intimate venue.
4. Personality of the band/singer- if they do not capture the audience or interact with them throughout the show, you may have just stayed home and listened to the album.
5. Strangers around you- if you are standing/sitting next to people who proceed to talk the entire show, it can be annoying. But if they are there to rock out with the music, it makes the show that much better! I have met some pretty cool people at shows I've gone to and seen them at subsequent shows.
There are many other things that contribute to a good show, but those are my top 5!

No comments:
Post a Comment