Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Music on my mind

Its been a while since I have done a "Music Monday". I miss them, to be honest. My love for music rivals my love for any thing else (exceptions: God and family). I have been in an introspective mood of late and have found specific songs really helping me put words to my thoughts. Here are a few on my list:

"Where there is desire/ there is going to be a flame/ where there is a flame/ someone's bound to get burned/ but just because it burns/ doesnt mean you're going to die..." Pink:Try

"In these bodies we will live, in these bodies we will die/ And where you invest your love, you invest your life" Mumford & Sons: Awake My Soul

"I can pretend that I'm not lonely/ But I'll be constantly fooling myself/ I can pretend that it doesnt matter/ Everybody needs something/ Fighting for something/ I know what you;re fighting for/ Cause we all want someone there to hold/ We all want to be somebody's one and only" Rihanna: We All Want Love

"I dont ever wanna let you down/ I dont ever wanna leave this town/ 'cause after all/ this city never sleeps at night/ Its time to begin, isn't it?/ I get a little bit bigger, but then I'll admit/ I'm just the same as I was..." Imagine Dragons: Its Time

I have been listening to a lot of country lately and its been good. Its like comfort food for me. I can get so lost in the familiarity of lyrics and find the moments that coincide with my life. Inevitably every time I listen to country...

Heres my current favorite jam. Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...