1). Relax- truly breath in the fresh mountain air and slow down
Well, I feel like I have done a fairly good job at spending time well- including ample sleeping time (8-9 hours per day!!!) and naps every other day :)
2). Bike/exercise daily
I have only missed one day (Saturday) since I have been home. I have gone on 3 long bike rides (15, 20 and 14 miles) with another one schedule for this afternoon! Here are some pictures- its true that pictures do not do justice for natural beauty! On the days it hasnt been bike friendly weather, I accompanied my dad to the gym in town
| West Kalispell |
| Looking North |
| My trusty ride :) |
| Glacier Park |
| Western Slope of Rocky Mountains |
Check out FB updates here
4). Study up to 6 hours per day (but no more- allowing myself to maintain boundaries and sanity)
There have been a couple of days that I have studied more than 6 hours, but for the most part I have maintained a good balance. On my most recent practice exam I passed!
5). Begin cleaning documents off my computer from grad school
I have begun this horrible, hair-pulling task! It is not my favorite by any means. I found away to upload/categorize research articles so they can be taken off my computer, but have access to them whenever I need them! I am only through my first year's worth of documents.
6). Begin photo book of graduate school pictures (#76)
I have now uploaded all three years of pictures to shutterfly! I cannot believe how many pictures I took throughout grad school. This is going to be a more involved project than I originally anticipated. But, I know it will be worth it when it is finished!
7). Have individual adventures with each of my parents
I went to Big Fork on Saturday with my mom to go to a quilt show and then shopping in the town. I am not a big shopper, but we had fun and found some really cute, unique gifts for people! My dad and I have had some good time at the gym, talking about fitness and heart healthy foods (my dad had a quad bypass in Feb and is recovering nicely).
8). Write. Reflecting on the past few weeks and years
I did not do so well at this one... to be continued!
9). Discover one new place in my town
Today, I ventured into a used book store that I have always wanted to go to! I cannot believe it has taken me this long! The smell of used books was intoxicating and I hate to admit it, but I spent a solid 90 minutes in this little shop. I found an old WWII pamphlet that documents various countries planes and flight warfare. I of course bought it, and it was $1!! And it was not at all weird that as I walked in, the owner was sharpening a knife blade (welcome to MT). Also, I was wondering through the store and was almost tackled by the owners puppy.
10). Read a pleasure book
I started reading 50 Shades of Grey on my new iPad! Although the book is very
I cannot believe I actually made progress on this list! And yet, still been able to get a considerable amount of studying done! We head to Oregon tomorrow! So excited to see my brother and sister-in-law and sweet baby James!


No comments:
Post a Comment