Monday, June 25, 2012

Final Exam Prep

I have come to realize (again) that I am a "cluster writer". I go on several long stretches of time when I write consistently (and post most of what I write) and then other stretches of time where my blog page looks strikingly similar for weeks on-end.  At times, this bothers me because if I do not have enough time to write, then my life is likely being filled with a lot of business.  Most of the time, this business is good. But often, it means I am not allowing myself enough "me" time to think, reflect and write.

This most recent lack of writing is due to a massive exam I am preparing to take 1 week from today :S  It is the National Physical Therapy Exam (NPTE) and is the last step to obtaining my license to practice PT (it just happens to be the most important step- saved appropriately for last).  I have been devoting roughly 5-8 hours per day to study for this thing and I am beyond ready to be done with it!  I am taking my exam in San Francisco next Monday and will leave for the city in 2 days!  I am going down early with a good friend to explore the city (I have never been!) and get some R & R time in an attempt to rid myself with the anxiety I will likely be feeling in a few short days!

That being said, I am beginning to get quite nervous.  I have not really opened up to this on my blog, but there is one thing I do not do well- failure.  And to date,  I have been very fortunate (and extremely blessed) that I have not had to deal with this particular four letter word. But at some point, likely in the near future, I am going to be confronted with learning how to accept failure.  With any luck, it will not be regarding this exam :) I feel good about my preparation leading up to this point, I just worry about maintaining the endurance needed for the next week and to stay focused during a 4 hour examination. But worrying about it is futile and I just need to remember the light at the end of the tunnel is bright now... I just need to keep on truckin'!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...