I stumbled upon this fantastic quote this weekend... "live your dream and wear your passion". In my mind, that quote is the quintessential embodiment of the work that is spilled out amongst these pages. What does it mean to "wear your passion"? I guess one would have to first discover their passion in order to exhibit it daily for all to see.
This past week, a guest speaker spoke at my church and he had some really great things to say. We have been going through the book of Mark and following Easter, it seemed only appropriate to read the end of Mark- which, to my surprise, ends rather abruptly. The final verse of Mark reads: Trembling and bewildered, the women went out and fled from the tomb. They said nothing to anyone because they were afraid. To think Mark made a mistake in finishing his gospel this way is in all ways inaccurate. The end of the gospel of Mark was written on purpose. It is almost to say that living the resurrection is a lot like livnig the way Mark ended the gospel- in fear and trembling and pure, unadulterated bewilderment. To me, that makes sense.
One thing I am working on doing better is locking into the moment I have in front of me and in turn, living my life well. I have been guilty of getting caught up in what other people are doing rather than focusing on what I am doing. What is my passion? Am I living my dream? Begs the question, would I be content/happy if I didn't know about everyone else and what they are doing? If I didnt constantly compare myself to others? Whether subtly or outright?
This blog has been a creative, honest, and authentic outlet for the past year and a half. I am thankful for all those that read what I write. I am thankful for the perspective writing has given me and for the ability to have an archive, if you will, of my journey. It is my hope that I will continue to pursue my passion, live my dream and live it well. And that you will do the same :)
1 comment:
I can totally relate to a lot of points in this post. I always find myself caught up in the "future moment", instead of the one I am living. You are doing awesome things. Keep it up! Miss ya
Post a Comment