Saturday, April 30, 2011

Another challenge-May 1st

My last bit of pleasure til May 29th!
Today marks the beginning of a new challenge...  Not one that directly involves blogging.  This challenge involves commitment, dedication and likely marked perseverance (ok, maybe a little dramatic).  Today begins a month of not eating sugar/sweets!!!  Camille is getting married at the end of this month and we have decided it is probably time we stop stuffing our faces with sugar filled goodness :)  April was particularly devastating as far as self-control goes and we are noticing the aftermath!  So here's to a month of not giving into all the garbage we consistently have used to fuel our bodies. This will be especially hard at the clinic I am working at because not only is there candy always laying around, but my patients regularly bring in sweets/candy for me!

There is some comfort in knowing I am not doing this alone.  We have also integrated working out into our wedding-prep!  At least twice a week we will workout together, but my goal is to go at least 4 days a week and try and get in as much exercise with my patients throughout the day that I can.  I am excited, but extremely nervous about this challenge.  I have never really controlled what I consume, nor have I (since playing college hoops) really set workout goals for myself.  So this will undoubtably be a lesson in self-control, but also commitment to something.  I get to pick up my bike tomorrow at REI, which will be another motivator in this month long challenge :)

Cheers to being 24 minutes into the challenge and surviving!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...