Monday, April 4, 2011

Life Update

Emily and I at the Rockies game!
Colorado weather is INSAIN!!!  On Saturday, it was  nearly 80 degrees and by noon on Sunday it was barely 30 with snow!  I know I should expect this by now, but really, Colorado has some crazy weather!  This weekend followed my first week of clinical which meant there was no homework to be done, no group meetings/projects... only free time and a book to read!  I loved it!  And, as can be expected, when an impromptu invite to attend the Rockies' opening weekend presented itself, we jumped on it!  Hence the picture from the game!

Update on clinic!  I am at an outpatient orthopedic clinic in Castle Rock (about 30 miles from my house) and working with Eric- who is an excellent teacher and therapist.  The patient population is mostly post-opp shoulders and knees, but we have seen a few low back pain and SI joint dysfunction-which have helped me to understand the complexity of the spine.  I am still waiting for that really perplexing person to walk in so I can complete some of my assignments for this clinical.

My hours are such that I am up early and done early most days, which has allowed for pleasure reading! I finished a book this weekend that I highly recommend to anyone who loves NYC!  Its called The Heart of the City and is a collection of nine couple's stories of randomly meeting in the city and falling in love.  Beyond being an enjoyable read (and fun since I know the details of the city that are described in the book), there were some awesome life lessons explored as well!

Lastly, I thoroughly enjoyed the photo challenge and hope you did as well.  It was fun digging back to some awesome old photos that now reside on my external hard drive.  I am incredibly blessed by all my friends, family and life experiences thus far!  I hope to blog more now that I am in clinic- at least that is the goal.  So, keep checking back periodically to see if I have posted anything.  I have been working on some writing projects, but am not sure I want to post them to the world yet ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...