Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day


My mom and me at a coffee shop in OR

I am a lucky girl... I have been blessed by the best mom in the world.  A mom that cares for me and loves me unconditionally.  A mom that is there for me always and bends over backwards to make sure I am not without.  So it is on this day that I am thankful for her strength and perseverance.  She is a model of who I aim to be.  Love you mama!

Because you’re my mom I have long eyelashes, big front teeth and a love for chocolate
Because you’re my mom I learned the importance of serving others. And understand the gift of grace.
Because you’re my mom I know how to share.
Because you’re my mom I appreciate the little things.
Because you’re my mom I never quit basketball, school or a friendship.
Because you’re my mom I have a faith that has kept me pushing forward more times than I can count.
Because you’re my mom I have another best friend.
Because you’re my mom I love to read. And write.
Because you’re my mom I knew it was okay to go after my dreams
Because you’re my mom I know that eventually we get through the fire and back on our feet.
Because you’re my mom I love antiques and I appreciate a bargain.
Because you’re my mom I can laugh at myself.
Because you’re my mom I know I am loved.
Because you’re my mom not a moment goes by that I question how much you root for me, pray for me, and cheer me on.
Because you’re my mom I love you.
But not just because you’re my mom. But because you are amazing, wonderful and courageous and you have a laugh that would make even the grumpiest old man crack a smile.
I love you because you are you.
And I love that because you are you, I am me.


Happy Mama’s Day. You are truly a gift to me <3

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...