Saturday, March 12, 2011

Coffee

Elephant in the room: I am addicted to coffee.  There, I said it.  Also, I may be a coffee snob...  Here is my story.

Today, after watching the St. Patrick's Day parade in Denver, we went to this cute little coffee shop that I have been to before, but just to say hi to a friend.  Today, we decided we would venture back to study at this old victorian home that has been made into a coffee shop (very similar to Vivace in Portland, only completely different!).  Story goes, we put down our things and go to order our joe of choice.  I go with the usual and sit down to get some work done.  I am skimming through my documents to find which lecture I last reviewed, reach down, take a sip... UGH!

The coffee I had received was... non-existent!?  I could barely taste it and despite the liquid in my cup being a light brown color, I questioned if I was not drinking vanilla milk.  I took it up to the counter and asked for an extra shot (since I thought it would be rude to say... "excuse me, but I do not think you added espresso to my latte").  The response, "sure, one dollar please".  WHAT?!  WAIT, excuse me, what?!  Another dollar to the nearly $4 I already gave you?  "Ok, whatever..."

I sit back down and find the document I was looking for and take a nice long drag of my coffee... SPAT!  "Youve got to be kidding me!?"  So, it wasnt that the lady forgot to put espresso in my original latte, it was that the coffee itself tasted like crap!  And now, nearly cost me $5!!

Lesson learned... do not go back to the cute, adorable little coffee shop on 17th because the coffee tastes like crap.  Lucky for me, I will be dreaming of stumptown very soon! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...