
Today is a day of relaxation and restoration!
After two intense weeks of finals (7 finals!! really not necessary in my mind), I flew out to Chicago on Friday to spend some much-needed time with Alison! I have not seen her since Christmas and have not been to Chicago since 2008.
Alison has been an amazing hostess and it has been great just getting to spend time doing nothing together. She introduced me to see the sights of Chicago and to a few of her favorite places, but the trip has also been about just being with each other. Highlights have been: Joffery Ballet, Cubs game at Wrigley Field, Millennium Park, seeing homes designed by Frank Lloyd Wright as well as Hemmingway’s home as a boy! I also got to meet all of Alex’s (Alison’s boyfriend) family and spent mother’s day with them. Overall, it’s been a great trip and I look forward to hanging out with Alison in NYC when she moves there this summer!

So today, after four days of complete bliss in the city of Chicago, I need to take time and relax. However, there is irony in this declarative day… I cannot sit still. I am dying for something to do, explore, discover!
The rain has not stopped since last night and though it has let up, the pitter-patter outside the window should be the only invitation I need to stay inside, but it is not enough! I want to go run through the puddles and jump in the largest of them all… I want to stumble upon a wonderful neighborhood and capture reflections of my own life in the lives of perfect strangers.
But what I need, is a day of rest. A day to myself where I can allow my mind to wonder and dream once again. A day where I read more than I speak. A day of listening to my soul instead of fighting to suppress it. Thank you Chicago for a wonderful time, but I need to spend the day by myself.
And that, will be refreshing!
No comments:
Post a Comment