I have made it to New York City and have been completely surprised by how at "home" I feel in this city. It’s this interesting mix of enjoying myself, feeling confident and knowing that I am always welcomed here. Its knowing that at any point in my life, I can come back to this city and feel at home walking through the crowds at Grand Central, chasing down subways or people watching in Central Park. So many dreams have been fulfilled in this city...
It was in New York that I transitioned from a college kid to an adult. It was in this city that I learned I can live simply and completely love my life. This city has shown me how unique and different people can be... and recognizing that difference has only enriched my life. In this city, I found neighborhoods and buildings that I feel in love with... This is the only city that history is woven into every facet of life; life currently being lived and life of those already lived.
Though I have only been here a few days, I have loved every minute of being here. I have been able to go to some of my favorite places in the city and spend time with friends that I love! This is the city that never sleeps and when I found myself in Times Square at 2am a few nights ago buying coffee at Starbucks, I found myself saying, "only in New York".

Ironically, I am writing this blog from Think- the coffee shop that is quaintly nestled in between NoHo and SoHo and on the boarder of NYU's campus. This is the coffee shop where I learned to express myself through writing, for this coffee shop is where I wrote all of my update emails when I lived here. This is the coffee shop that helped me feel comfortable in a city so foreign to me. This is the coffee shop that gives me that feeling of being known in a city that thrives on anonymity.
1 comment:
I love your corner-of-computer/coffee cup theme :)
Post a Comment