These past few days have been ones of relying on faith and trust to get me through... And if you know me at all, you know faith and trust are not things that come easily to me. Last June I posted a blog about these very two things and rather than repeat all that was said, feel free to read that short blog.
The past couple of weeks, I have been really struggling with my knee. It has been really hard to regain my range of motion, despite doing everything I was asked to do. As if that is not enough, an area of my skin just below my knee cap did not heal and had to be debrided on Tuesday(which is basically where they cut away all dead skin and create an environment for new skin to form. This was very gross to watch and I am thankful Camille was able to hold my hand through the process. I will spare you the details of the procedure, but if you're interested, feel free to email me and I will fill you in.
I do not know for sure how this has affected my rehab and if it will significantly set me back. I am currently focused on getting my range of motion back and will feel better when my knee becomes less stiff. That all being said, I have also been focused on trusting and relying on God, for it is clear I am in a situation that I cannot control. I have learned that I need to have faith in the process, faith in my doctor to make the right decisions and faith in God that everything will be ok. It is easy to spin myself into oblivion of all the possible things that could could be wrong inside my knee right now. But that is not helpful and in fact counter productive. So, I have to step back and trust God to get me through...
No comments:
Post a Comment