“Are you willing to be open to God’s will for your life?”
I do not feel qualified to answer the question above. If I am going to be honest, I have spent the last three or four years running from a person who would be more than qualified to answer that question. For reasons too many to list, I turned my back on living that “perfect Christian life” and haven’t looked back since. I have forgotten who Jesus is and have lost sight of who he is/was in my life.
But the ironic thing is, I truly miss being known by God. I miss being known deeply by one person. I miss the comfort that comes from a good cry and the serenity that comes from prayer.
The thing is, faith and trust are not my strong suits. When it comes to faith, I find that I am a bit too pragmatic to have confidence in things I cannot see or imagine. As for trust, it only takes so many life experiences before trust is defined by broken promises and disappointment. So how does someone who struggles with the two quintessential tenants of following Christ, identify with the Creator? Its simple: redefine trust and faith. Simple in theory, but in reality, it seems nearly impossible!
Someday she'll trust Him and learn how to see Him
Someday He'll call her and she will come running
and fall in His arms and the tears will fall down and she'll pray,
"I want to fall in love with You"
No comments:
Post a Comment